My week in London, August 2015 (Part Two)

Part Two now and this will be on the very rainy Wednesday 26th August in the capital.

We were suppose to go to Brighton on this day but due to the weather and the fact I forgot to put on my phone alarm, we didn't make it.

Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square
 
 However, we still had a lot of fun.

Here is My week in London| August 2015 (Part Two)...

Wednesday 26th August

We started of the day by actually planning the day.
Deciding to have a chill-out day, we hit the four storey Primark on Tottenham Court Road and I finally, FINALLY bought some things of the @velvetgh0st range.
I for one love Gabriella who is behind velvetgh0st. I normally don't like vlogs as they are pretty much the same but I love how she is just herself and she does really good videos! So when I heard about her home range collaboration with my favourite shop, well I had to get something!
From mugs, glasses and items for your wall to cushions, lights and cushions/bedding, her theme is this pastel, geometric pattern which I adore. Pastel colours are my favourite. 
However, they haven't got the range in my local Primark back home so I was so happy when I found it in London!

Gabby's Range


I wanted them all

Here is what I got:

 
 Kitty Mug
 
I love this clear glass mug. I adore the shape and the size but I am in love with the cute cat whiskers and little button nose. This was £4 and I think that is a bargain for such a cute thing.

Wall plaque

If you know me personally then you will know my bedroom walls are covered in posters/photographs and wall plaques. I am a sucker for wall plagues. Costing £4, I adore Gabby's plaque!! I love the colours (gold, cream, pale pink/blue and black), the quote and again the size of it. It isn't too small and it isn't too big. I love looking at when I wake up (as weird as that sounds), it is a positive start to the day.
 
I also wanted the adorable kitty eye mask but I couldn't find it which is a shame!

 

We headed down to Trafalgar Square but like British weather, it started to pour it down.
Now my mother really wanted to go and see David Suchet, one of my favourite actors who play the title character in ITV's Agatha Christie's Poirot, in The Importance of Being Ernest by playwright Oscar Wilde at the Vaudeville Theatre on The Strand. So we did.

Ready to see the play!


Got my ticket ready!
I adore going to the theatres. I love the experience, watching it live, the atmosphere in the air of the audience's reactions and of course the ice cream in the intervals.
 
My review:
I can safely say we both absolutely loved it. It was hilarious, David was perfect as Lady Bracknell, I wanted all of the pretty dress he wore. His face expressions, his gestures and his voice were just spot on. He nailed every line.
The three part play also say the likes of Emily Barber as Gwendolen Fairfax (daughter of Lady Bracknell),  Downton Abbey star Michael Benz as John (Jack) Worthing, Philip Cumbus as Algernon Moncrieff and Misfits actress Imogen Doel as Cecily Cardew.


Hello David!
The cast were perfect, each giving everything into their performance. Like David, they nailed all their lines with ease and they all had great chemistry.
The stage sets were great in the way that you knew where they were and the design of the garden and the library parts were stunning.
All of this plus the laughter of every single audience member, I would highly recommend this play, it is a fabulous production for all ages.

Got my programme!
For more information about the play, click here.

Stepping outside of the theatre, it was sunny! The sun was actually out (woooo) so we did one of my favourite things to do in London, sit in Trafalgar Square and watch the world go by.


A lovely church


Nelson's Column


National Gallery


Nelson again with Big Ben in the background


What a lovely day it turned out to be

Then we headed back to the hotel as we had a busy day ahead of ourselves on Thursday but you gotta wait to find out what we did!

Well that's it for Part Two, hope you are liking it!
Until next time

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts