BeYOUtiful

A cringy post title, I admit, but one that people often forget about. Beauty is one of those things that is different for everyone. One person's beauty can differ for another and another and another and so on. However, it is about damn time that we get something straight. Everyone is beautiful.
Now, this post is to get some of my own thoughts out there surrounding this concept of "beauty". I am not here to enforce my ideals of what that word means but just to say what that specific words means to me. You may agree, or disagree, either way, I respect that you might differ to me.

So let's get on with being beYOUtiful...

First up, beauty covers a range of things in a person. The most focused aspect is obviously the looks. For me, I don't care what a person looks like, that's definitely not the end all and be all. I will talk to anyone [I don't shut up once I get started too], and I like to think that I don't judge people based on their appearance as I know how that feels to be based on. People should look how they want to look, whether it be in how they dress, if they want multi-coloured hair or have tattoos and piercings. I don't understand how and why people think they know someone just by seeing them.

Personally, I never thought I was pretty and whatnot because I took too much notice on people's opinions on me. People who didn't matter and still don't matter. It's sad to think some people feel the need to comment on other's appearances, normally down to insecurities within themselves. However, after a long, hard decade of not thinking I was pretty, turns out I am. And I ain't afraid to say it because at the end of the day, I am me and I like me.
 
Next up, weight. I've always been self-conscious about my weight, like many people. I was a happy, healthy kid to suddenly fitting into a size 20 top and jeans size and this used to proper get to me as I never thought I was beautiful, meaning I didn't have any confidence in my teenage years. However, I have finally realised [and about time too], that a person's weight doesn't define them as a human being and that those who do aren't worth your time. I knew this before, but I have lost over 4 1/2 stone these past two years but just because I weigh less, doesn't mean I am more beautiful. I was beautiful size 20 and I am now, size 14/16.
 
Lastly, personality is the real beauty in a person. Well, for me anyway. Like I said before, I don't care what you look like, it's who you are as a person that makes you beautiful. Doesn't matter what size top you are, how many tattoos you have or what colour your hair is, your personality will always make you, you. Yeah, some people are horrible and have horrible personalities to match, that's a different story, but why can't we live in a world where people are actually genuinely nice to others, not judge on looks and appearances, where we just love and support everyone, and think everyone is beautiful, flaws and all. Wouldn't that be lovely?
...
And there we go, I think I might have waffled on there a bit and maybe some of my thoughts are confusing [hey, that's just me] but at the end of the day, just beYOUtiful!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own
-------------------------------------
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104179437879441793042 https://www.instagram.com/carolineosbel/ https://uk.pinterest.com/carolineosbel/ https://twitter.com/carolineosbel
https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/call-me-caz-18185709

Comments

Popular Posts