Why I am SICK of blogging

Before you start to cry with utter sadness [hahahahahahaha], this blog and I ain't going anywhere, you don't get rid of me that easily guys! But honestly, I am getting sick of blogging in some aspects!

If you follow me on twitter then you will probably of seen my massive rant I did a few months ago, that wasn't supposed to be a rant but it totally was a rant about how blogging has changed for the worse recently. It has become far to focused on stats and popularity and not about the passion and the person behind the post.


For three years now, I have had this little space on the internet. I set my blog up so I could get rid of some feelings that were holding me back and I haven't looked back since! It is a part of me, whether I have it for the next 10 years or not, it will always hold a special place in my heart because of everything it has given me. From meeting incredible people and finding a passion in life to finding myself and gaining so much confidence, unfortunately things have changed in blogging.

I admit to the fact that I am sick of blogging...

Basically my twitter rant was very long and it surprisingly got a lot of retweets/favourites [I am glad it isn't just me who thinks this though] but I am just going to bullet point every that because I just feel like it needs to be said so here we are...
  • NEVER EVER think that you are not a good blogger just because you haven't had brands working with you or a certain amount of blog views because you are fabulous!
  • You should be blogging for yourself and not because you think it will get you followers or money, they are both bonuses.
  • I understand posts take a hell of a long time to create and it is disheartening when you only get a certain amount of views but you should be writing content that you would want to read and that you are interested/passionate about because what is the point of having a blog when your not even interested in the posts!
  • Just because other people are getting a lot of views, doesn't mean that you should give up, it takes time but it shouldn't be the reason why you're blogging.
  • Don't get me wrong, I am buzzing when I hit a certain follower goals or views on a post, I will admit that, but it isn't the end of the world if I don't because it isn't a priority for me.
  • There is so much pressure on bloggers to be amazing the second they start. They're not. I, for one, just cringeeeeeeeee at my older posts and I am sure other bloggers do to. Blogging is a journey and you find out your strengths and weaknesses, what you like and don't like etc. It takes time and it can be disheartening at times but it is worth it if it makes you happy.
  • It is okay to take some time out from blogging, it is a crazy world and sometimes you need to take a step back and think about things. That does NOT make you a bad blogger.
  • I am not even going to mention the follow then unfollow game, some do as soon as you hit the blue button on Twitter. Ain't worth me time.
  • Go out there and be that amazing, fabulous, sassy blogger you are meant to be and stop putting pressure on yourself
Basically, SO what if you don't reach a target or get the follower goal and that you are stuck on a number for the past 5 weeks. I do not care. I care about the person behind the blog. I care about reading content that just expresses the passion that the person has. I care about being me on my own personal space on the internet and if you don't like it then fair enough. You cannot please everyone and I am certainly not blogging to do that.
 
If you blog just for the popularity or care more about the stats rather than your readers/your passions then fair enough, each to their own.
 
But honestly, once you stop focusing on the numbers and views etc, you see blogging in a whole different light.

Before I end the post I just want to say thank you all to those who have clicked on my blog and read it, even if it is by accident. It means so much to me but no offense, you guys aren't my priority [as bad as that may sound to some], I am my priority in writing and producing a blog that I want.
 
But let me leave you all with this... What the hell has happened to blogging about things you are passionate about and being you instead of focusing so much on things that just do not matter.
 
Until next time

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

Popular Posts