Tips for a Spring cleaned wardrobe

With Spring in full bloom, it means that the flowers are saying hello, the sun [hopefully] is shining and well, the Spring/Summer wardrobe comes out after half a year of being shoved to the back of the closet.

I don't know about you, but I love a good Spring cleaning session. A day where you just get rid of the clutter in your house and treat yourself to some bits n bob. There gives me no greater pleasure than getting rid of them 'Oh I am sure I will wear this again' clothing items, that, let's face it, I won't wear again.


However, sometimes [most of the time] we wake up and think 'not today' when it comes to cleaning out our wardrobes and well, this is where this post comes in. In collaboration with Dia & Co [I have NOT been paid for this to clarify], I was totally up for this collab as it got me thinking about sorting out my overly filled wardrobe.

So here some tips to get your wardrobe looking Spring ready...

ONE
Get rid of the clothing you haven't put on in months or that are old and tattered. Give them to charity, give them to your friends if they would wear them, just get rid of them. The fact is that you won't wear them again and you know it.
 
TWO
Doing any chore is a bore so turn up some tunes and get your groove on. The power of having a dance and a sing along whilst de-cluttering your wardrobe is fabulous and makes it so much more enjoyable!
 
THREE
Make a thing of it, tell your friends and family. Say out loud that you are going to tackle all of them many clothing items and sorting them out, give yourself a motivational speech if you have to if it will make you clean out that space! You could even get your friends/family involved by doing their wardrobes afterwards.
 
FOUR
Find that one clothing item that you love and base your 'keep' choices on that. This is a great way to tackle a spring clean as you are creating new outfits as well as only keeping things you know you will wear.
 
FIVE
Everyone knows I love a bit of storage. It is a way to keep all of your things tidy and organised and an even greater way to make you condense things down, especially clothing. By getting yourself some boxes that will fit in your wardrobe and place your tops/trousers/skirts/dresses etc in them, it gives you a limit on how many items you can keep.


And there you have it, some tips to make your wardrobe ready for Spring/Summer!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

  1. I need to declutter. Ive already started. But Ive finally got my second rail fitted, for my wardrobe this definitely help. Ive started taking over my partners wardrobe now. I think need to declutter but helpful post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I hope you finish decluttering soon then! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts