How I store my makeup

During my teenager years, I wasn't a girl for makeup. Being a tomboy, I didn't wear any for like 10 years due to the fact that I thought it was a waste of money. However, people did buy me beauty products as presents so eventually I ended up with quite a lot of cosmetic products that I didn't use or used once and them forget about it. Sorry guys!

 
However, over the last 12 months, I have gotten into me makeup and I have been having a majorrrrrr clear out of my bedroom recently, including my makeup boxes, the past month. From clothing and accessories to toys and bits n bobs, I accumulated 20 full bin bags full of crap. Like why am I such a hoarder???!?!!
One bin bag was full of beauty products I didn't use or didn't want anymore and the containers that were marked with foundation, lip gloss and god knows what other cosmetics were on it. Because of this, I had no where to put the makeup I have kept so my mind went into its usual process of panic then it hit me. A quirky, creative little storage solution perfect for all my beauty treasures!

So here is how I store my makeup...

Others: uses boxes/containers to keep their makeup
Me: uses mugs, vintage plates and a recipe book stand.





 Yes, you read that right, I use everyday household things to keep my makeup organised and tidy.
And I LOVE IT!
 
From the mismatched mug collection I have some how accumulated over the years for my lippies, brushes, foundation and many more to my two vintage tea plates [they match my teacup collection I have displayed a shelving unit] for small eye shadows, my bronzer and highlighter and finally, a cute recipe book stand for my eye palettes.
 
The stand is from Wilkos but I bought it a couple of year ago and the plates/mugs are all from either charity shops or Asda/M&S/Cath Kidston or given to me as a present.

 
Added some funky pineapple fairy lights from Primark, £2.50, and a wallpaper sample from Wilkos, and voila, bringing a bundle quirkiness of my little beauty area.
 
Well there you go, how I store my makeup!
Until next time

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

  1. Your makeup storage has inspired me! Super quirky, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, proper chuffed with it! x

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I love the mismatched mugs. I have my makeup all over my room and bathroom. I deff have to organize mine soon! Glad you got interested in makeup xxx

    Melina / www.ivefoundwaldo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! And I loved organising mine so I hope you do too when you get round to it! x

      Delete
  3. Love the storage! Especially the pumpkin

    Rachael xox
    http://gatsbyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you and the pumpkin is one of my favourites haha! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts