2016 was my year

Well here we are, the last day of 2016, Saturday 31st December! It feels like it should be April and that I should be at uni still! This year has honestly flown by!

These past 12 months have had its ups and downs, a rollercoaster of a ride, but even though there have been some really low points, I have made even more happier memories that will stay with me forever. Cliché, I know!

Like last year, I have picked out some of the highlights I have had and there were so many but these in particular stood out for me!


One of the highlights in the main photograph above but I have came up with six more things that has made 2016 one of the best years of my life so far!

So here is '2016 was my year'...

Graduation
 31st January (Foundation)
19th July (BA)
I graduated twice this year.
The first in January for my foundation degree and the second in July for my BA (Hons) degree.
I haven't felt that proud of myself ever and it was such an achievement for me because I didn't want to do the course anymore but I stuck to it and it just gave me the confidence in my abilities and in myself to achieve things in life.
Whitby Holiday
 27th-30th June
I celebrated finishing uni with four of my favourite people on this earth.
We booked a pretty holiday home in Whitby for a few days and had the best time ever!
My first girl's holiday too!
Honestly made me so thankful to the people I have in my life and I just love them all so much!
I got a job (finally)
24th October

Since graduating in July, I was frantically searching for a job. I have done education and now wanted to focus on the next step in my life, my career and earning/saving money.
After four long, painful months of me doubting myself and feeling like nobody wanted me, I finally got a job at one of my favourite ever shops! Marks and Spencer!
All of the hard work, stress and tears were totally worth it and now, they aren't going to hold me back anymore!
 Seeing Breakfast at Tiffanys in theatre
 7th July
My favourite ever film on the stage! I was lucky enough to go and see Breakfast at Tiffanys in London and honestly, it was one of the best nights of my life!
I met Pixie Lott, who played the lead role of Holly Golightly, and she was absolutely lovely!
And of course, I dressed for the occasion!
Travelled to Bath
 22nd-25th August

My mum finally got to go to Bath, somewhere she has always wanted to visit so this made me incredibly happy to see her little face in this beautiful city.
It was such a stunning place to visit and honestly, I want to go back as there were soooo many things we didn't get chance to do!
Weight loss
 All year
This past year I have been a lot more confidence and happier in myself, something I have never felt before.
Due to this, I was becoming to lead to a much more healthier lifestyle as I didn't need to comfort food anymore and I was getting out more. This then lead to me losing some weight and honestly trying on a dress/jeans/skirt/top that you think is too small for you, actually fits you, like it is one of the best feelings ever!
Seeing You Me At Six live
 21st October
My main highlight of the year, I must say!
After being a fan of this band for 8 years and never actually managing them to see them live (I have met them face to face though) and finally getting the chance to made my whole year! I SAW YOU ME AT SIX LIVE WOOOOO! You Me At Six just exceeded my expectations and hands down, it was the best night of my life!
And on the 12th January, I hoping to meet them at their UK album signing!
 ...
Well there you have it, thank you and goodbye 2016, you actually have been a good'un!
See you on the other side!
-------------------------------------
All photographs my own! 

Comments

  1. Congrats on your degrees, and on losing weight! Hoping 2017 is even better for you xoxo Sarah from Iheartcosemtics %PLC%

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I hope it is a fab year for you! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts