Halloweeeeeen Spooky jellies!

For this post, I have a spooky treat for you monsters today and it comes in the form of this disgustingly great jellies! This isn't a part of my Bake and Make series, I have done both of them this month so check them out because they are both equally as spooky as this!

Originally I saw a video for this on Tastemade's website but they were fish bowls instead and they looked sooooooooooo awesome. So me being me I was like I neeeed to try these out but I will do a twist on them and make them for my favourite day of the year, 31st October.


They are so simple and so easy to do! They are perfect for if you have little monsters, if you are hosting a Halloween themed party or just want a sweet treat on the frightening day! One thing I will mention before we get started is that if these are for an event then do them the night before. Believe me the more time these creepy jellies have enough time to set, the better!!!

So here is 'Halloweeeeeen Spooky jellies!'...
This recipe idea was originally from Tastemade, I have put a twist on it but no copyright intended.
 
In the Tastemade recipe, they used gelatine. Now you can obviously use this but I had left over red strawberry jelly so I used that as a substitute.
 
What you will need:
 
 
Wine glasses (or plastic ones if you are doing it with children)
Jelly (I used one pack of red so it looks like blood, you can use whatever colour you want)
A selection of Halloween sweets (I used glow stick pumpkin lolli-pops, chocolate eyeballs, Haribo trick or treat mix and strawberry laces, all from a pound shop)
A wooden spoon
Two jugs
And a freezer haha! Or a fridge
 
How to make these blood inspired treats:
 
1. Starting off with the jelly. Your instructions may differ from mine depending on what brand you use.
But mine are:
Separate the jelly into cubes for best results and pop them into one of your jugs. With your other jug, pour in 1/2 pint (285ml) of boiling water and add to the jelly.
Stir with your wooden spoon until the cubes have dissolved completely.
With the empty jug, fill it up to 285ml again with cold water and stir into the jelly mixture.
Leave to cool down.
If you are using gelatine like the original recipe then follow that's instructions or the recipes.
2. Whilst your jelly is cooling, take your wine glasses or plastic ones, depending on what you are using, and place the Haribo trick or treat mixture at the bottom or any gummy sweets that you have.
3. Add a little bit of the cooled jelly/gelatine over, just enough to cover the sweets at the bottom of the glass and put in the freezer for 10 minutes, just so it has set a bit.
4. Take them out of the freezer and add more jelly to the container and place your strawberry lace worms in there, twist them around a bit and let them hang off the rim of the glass. Then pop your creepy eyeball in there and place in the fridge to set completely.
Now this is where you would leave them for a few hours or overnight.
5. Once they have set into chilling wibbly wobbly blood then take them out, place one of them cool pumpkin glow in the dark lollipops and enjoy!
 
If your glasses don't fit in the freezer then you can put them in the fridge but they will take longer to set.
 
The creepy sweet treat in all of its gruesome glory...
 
 
 
 
Not going to lie, them eyes are following me everywhere, they are creepy as!
Anyway, this is so easy and so simple to do like where have they been all my life!
You can switch the sweets around, you can do it for all sorts of occasions (not just Halloween) and they are really fun to do so great if you have little monsters at home!
If you don't want to drink blood then why not try doing it with slime (green jelly) instead!
I hope you have loved this ghoulish treat for the big day!
Well, I am now off on my broomstick!
*Cackles* 
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!
No copyright intended in recipe!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts