Exploring Bath (Part One)

On the 22nd August, my lovely mother and I visited Bath for four days! Now, my mum has wanted to visit this beautiful city for a while and we haven't been able to go (London was calling our names ok?!) but I am so glad we finally made it there!


This series will be split into three posts, published every Tuesday. This one will be about the first two days, the second about the last two days and the final third one a fashion post!

From a five hour train journey with zero air con to exploring the streets of this wonderful South West city.

So here is 'Travel| Exploring Bath (Part One)'...


DAY ONE




 
After a four and a half hour train journey with zero air con (thank you Cross Country!!!), we arrived in Bath and oh my, what a pretty city it is!
 
After we dropped off our luggage at our hotel, The Holiday Inn, we explored the streets of the city and found the pretty bridge, seen in the main photo, with a hot air balloon gracefully going over it as well as these two chairs!
Now, there is a story behind them chairs and I absolutely love it! Basically the piece is called The Comet Sweepers by sculptor Patrick Haines. It is to do with astronomers William and Caroline (best name ever ha). The brother and sister, who lived in King Street in the city, would take their dining chairs out into their garden and look for new stars and comets, using William's home made telescope and Caroline taking notes. However, in 1781, he discovered the planet Uranus (don't laugh ha) and that is why they are there.
I love finding things like this out, especially about space! A lovely little piece of art! That is basically
 
 
DAY TWO





 







 
What a beautiful day this was, look at how sunny it was! So after we finally managed to get into the city, where all the shops are, we headed towards the information building to see about some sites and some shops. Of course I naturally enquired about Primark and Cath Kidston and well, they were there so headed towards them first. Then we chilled at Bath Abbey and viewed it in all its glory in the sunshine!
Whilst at the tourist information shop, we read about a city tour bus so we got on the bus and saw Bath from up top! One of the things my mum really wanted to see is the Royal Crescent, 30 houses in the shape of a crescent or half circle. It was so pretty to see it in person, from the hotel in the middle of it and No1 Royal Crescent being a museum to the lovely flowers and the one yellow door, it was so beautiful! There is a little park, if you can call it that, so we sat down on a bench and enjoyed the sunny weather!
We then headed back to the Abbey and found this really adorable little café called The Mad Hatter's Tea Party! Filled with everything you can imagine from Alice in Wonderland, it was so nice in there! I have a salted caramel ice cream (oh my gosh it was amazing) and a fruity smoothie which was so refreshing on the palette (ooo check me out). Mother had a cuppa in a massive mug and a plain scone with cream and jam! Yum yum in our tums!
After having another look around the shops and the little streets, we headed for tea some where and found this restaurant, The Stables, on our way back to the hotel. We both had pizza and oh my, it is one of the tastiest things I have eaten. The thin crispy base, the tomato sauce then the melted cheese, ooo it was divine! I could have eaten two!

As a little bonus to these blog posts, I actually has produced a little vlog to go along so come and explore with us!
 
...
Well there you have it! Part one done and mmmmmmmm I am craving some pizza and a smoothie now!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

  1. Wow the architecture looks amazing! And the pizza too hahahWould love to watch your vlog later on tonight. Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The architecture was simply stunning, I could stare at the Abbey all day! And the pizza was soooooo good mmm! And aw thank you x

      Delete
  2. Always wanted to go to bath! It's such a beautiful place

    -kimberleyjessica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't recommend it enough, it is so pretty! x

      Delete
  3. Bath looks like such a beautiful place! I loved your photos and I'm glad you had a great time! 💕💕
    http://midnightandlace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you and it is really is, such a beautiful little city! x

      Delete
  4. Bath looks so lovely! Such an underrated city, I'd love to go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure it is and you should, would recommend it so much! x

      Delete
  5. Wow lovely pictures of Bath! It looks like you had a great time seeing all that Bath has to offer! I hope I get to visit there one day! Can't wait to see the rest of your trip!

    Ashley
    ashmcc87.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, it is such a stunning place, you should definitely visit! :) x

      Delete
  6. I really want to go to bath so bad! It just looks so pretty, so so pretty! Maybe you can take me there ;D haha I'm glad you had a lovely time sweetie! The pictures are beautiful primary is always a NEED TO GO shop haha

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should ;) And the shops there are soooooo good, there are so many! And thank you, I really really did, will definitely be going again I hope xx

      Delete
  7. I love Bath, it's such a beautiful city! Also that pizza looks so yummy haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the best pizzas I have ever had and believe me I have had plenty haha! x

      Delete
  8. Your pictures are gorgeous! I'm so glad the sun came out for you :)
    My parents went to Bath earlier in the year and said they loved it and now you've gone as well and I'm so jealous haha can't wait to see part two!
    Amy xx
    andeastthesun.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go, it is soooooo pretty there and so much to do! And thank you, part two will be up next Tuesday and part three the Tuesday after that xx

      Delete
  9. Wow it looks so gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Bath but it looks lovely! Looks like you and your mum had a lovely time :)

    - www.studentwanderer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly did, I couldn't recommend it enough! It is so beautiful there! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts