Dear Mum

Today marks a special day. The 10th of May is my lovely mum's birthday. I, honestly, don't know where I would be without her and it's weird to think about a life without her.

However, to celebrate her birthday, I have written her a letter. An emotional one, for sure, but so much fun writing and something that has made me realise how much my mum means to me.

So on with this special letter for a very special day...
Dear Mum

I don't know where to even start with this letter, Mum. I'm sure I think this with every letter I do but this one is particularly hard.

I guess I will start with thank you. Thank you for loving me regardless of all the things I have said and done, I hope you know I didn't mean it. Thank you for looking after us know matter how hard it was and how much you were hurting with everything that was going on. Thank you for lending me money when I was struggling, for giving me lifts to and from places, just, thank you.

Yeah, all of that comes with being a mum but you go above and beyond. With everything you have been through, you really do deserve the world. I obviously won't go into the nitty, gritty of it all as its personal to you and I am pretty sure I don't know everything that happened, but you are one hell of a strong woman.

All those memories we have shared in my 23 years of living, its been an adventure. From taking me to dance classes/shows/exams, going shopping and spending money we don't have, exploring Bath or London to baking delicious treats, singing our hearts out to Abba in the kitchen, talking about whatever is happening in life, and having a fashion show in our new clothing, I am so happy and proud to call you my mum.

You dislike your appearance and how you don’t want to be centre of attention  but I think you are the most beautiful person in the world, inside and out. Your soul is so pure and your heart is so big, you would do anything for anyone, you would move mountains for Andrew and I, you are everything that is good in the world.
I know I don't show it or tell you often enough but I am so grateful that you are my mum, always have and always will be, and that I love you so much, I don't know where I'd be without you, your support and your love.

You have made me the woman I am today and I hope I’ve made you proud as a daughter.

So thank you, Mum, for everything.
I love you to the moon and back, and back and back and back and back, a million times over.
Your little girl,
Caroline

Comments

Popular Posts