How Blogging changed my life

I am just rolling out the personal posts this year aren't I! But in all seriousness, I enjoy writing them [although they are so flipping hard to do] and I like reading them on other blogs. You get to know the person behind the website and realise that they aren't a robot writing a blog but a person, who may or may not be going through the same things that you are.
 
Since becoming a blogger, all those many moons ago now, I have gained so much confidence in myself and finally started to love me for me. This is mainly down to this blog.
 
Throwback to my very first blog design and name!
Random fact for you all, my blog was originally called The Adventures of Caroline and the name has been changed a total of five times... Indecisive or what! But honestly I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. Now, I wrote this post for Mind as a guest blogger a few months ago but I thought I would share it on my little space too and I have edited it a bit!
 
However, blogging did change my life...

For a decade now, I have had to deal with some things that I didn't handle well at all.
I was hurting inside whilst I was happy on the outside. I was turning to food to give me comfort and this in turn gave me a certain low level of happiness but some ease to things none the less.
 
But I had no real sense of happiness anymore. I was absolutely, completely and utterly lost.
 
To make it even worse, I didn't tell anyone about what I was going through and how I was feeling and even now that is my biggest mistake and regret I have made. It caused me to have really bad anxiety that meant I couldn't leave the house because I was so self conscious of what people would say, get paranoid and all of my emotions got out of hand and I couldn't deal with it.
 
I was a really negative girl in what I thought was a really negative world.
But oh, how I was wrong.
  
Over the past couple of years, I am at the point where I am slowly but surely accepting myself, flaws and all, and becoming hopefully a much happier person.
This is mainly due to finding a passion in blogging.

It has given me a sense of guidance in a way, where I am finding out things about myself that I would have hidden five years ago and a platform where I can be myself whilst letting go of all the anger and negativity.
Most importantly, blogging has taught me how to talk about things and how to get pass that fear of being judged. It has taught me that it is ok not to be ok.
 
If you start blogging or just opening up more to people, do it. Have a talk with them. Scream, cry (god knows how many times I have cried when writing a blog post never mind in a conversation with people). Or put your feelings into words onto an online space. I have finally realised that there are people who will support you and look after you no matter what you are feeling and thinking.
 
Mental health affects more people than you probably think. You aren't alone in this, you never have and you never will be. This is why it is so important to do something I didn't do, start talking about it.
 
And there you have it, how blogging changed my life!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

  1. I am so happy to hear that blogging has changed you so much for the better. i have only been blogging seriously for about 7 months now, and it's made a difference in my life. I can imagine how much of a difference it could have for you! You've been blogging for years. It's probably so cool to look back on your life and see how much you have changed and progressed xxx

    Melina | www.ivefoundwaldo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good feeling and when you do look back on your first posts, you really do see how far you have come and how far you have changed xx

      Delete
  2. This was so inspiring! I always enjoy reading post like this, I feel like I can connect with the writer behind the blog a little better. :)

    Nikki
    http://www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely, glad you like it! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts