Dear body...

Another day, another 'Dear' style post! I am thoroughly enjoying writing these, it is such a great way to let go of all my feelings and thoughts about things and about people in my life and it is such a breathe of fresh air really.


Today's post is no different as I am letting go of my thoughts surrounding my body. I have actually had this post in my drafts for months now as I was too scared to publish it. Basically, I just wasn't ready to share it with you all. However, I recently read another Dear Body post and honestly, it gave me the courage to finally share it and well here we are!

Get ready for a rollercoaster ride...

Dear Body,
 
We have came along way haven't we? Oh, we have had many bad times, horrendous times in fact. And for that, I am truly sorry. I have put you through so much and not even took a second thought about what I have done to you.
 
Lets not even mention the endless amount of tears I have shed over you, I have probably made an ocean with the amount that have came out of my tear ducts. I am surprised I even have them still haha!
 
You used to be so healthy, thin, doing exercises and all that jazz. You were my body and I was happy to have you.
 
However, things changed. I just fed and fed you until I found you so horribly ugly that I covered you up. Even if you were dying under all that material during a hot day [and even a cold day]. I used to avoid mirrors just so I could avoid you. I felt that you couldn't wear anything nice because you didn't deserve it.
 
I was wrong. Completely and utterly wrong.
Over the past couple of years, I have been trying. Trying to get to a better place, especially with you. I want to be in the place that I was before I turned into a life hating [and body hating] girl.
But the funny thing is, is that you don't need to be this skinny, thigh gap, flat tummy body. You just need to be you and I need to finally own you. I shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed of you, I should be embracing you and showing you off to the world.
And I hope you see that I am doing that!
Finally treating you to a cute floral top or a lovely, floaty skirt/dress because you know what, you might not be a model body, you probably never will be, but you are my body and you know what, I am blooming proud to have you.
 
Thank you for showing me that I don't need to have flat stomach, one chin and a thigh gap to be happy as I thought I needed that.
Who cares about those things when you can have sweet potato fries right?!
 
Well there you go body, I just wanted to say thanks for putting up with my crap because even though it has been a hard decade, it has been worth it and I love, appreciate and never forget everything you have done and will do for me.
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

  1. You look super cute! And this is a beautiful piece, bodies are important for keeping us alive and well even when we treat them badly and that is wonderful

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, I absolutely adore these posts of yours'! They're so beautifully written and it's so great that you've come to love your body, it's truly beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Chloe, this means a lot! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts