Five things I love about the North East

North East born and bred I am and I am proud of that. I think people have this perception of us and this puts people off visiting our wonderful region. From cities like Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland to Middlesbrough, Darlington and Whitly Bay, there are so many reasons why I love this area of England.


Due to this, I have came up with these five things I utterly adore about this region and why you should to!

Here are five things I love about the North East...

The people
 
 
I love North East people. They are so lovely, friendly and can have a good old chat!
Obviously, most of my favourite people live in the region, both friends and family included, but when you go shopping or to a café etc, everyone is just proper lovely, people say hi to each other and it is just dead cute!
...
The many seaside's
 
 
From Redcar [main picture], Seaton Crew, Marske-by-the-sea [pictured] to Saltburn, Bamburgh and Tynemouth, there are soo many beaches to go and explore! I personally adore visiting Saltburn and getting that fresh air in your lungs! Nothing beats it for me!
...
Exploring neighbouring countryside
 
 
The North East is right on the door step to some incredibly beautiful countryside! From the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors, you can just go and escape for a while, walking around nature! It is just so lovely and you feel free whilst looking at breath-taking views!
...
Hidden gems
 

In the region, there is a lot fo parks, shopping areas and honestly, you can just get lost for a full day, there is sooo much to do! From shopping centres like Eldon Square [Newcastle], Metro Centre [Gateshead] and Dalton Park Outlet [Murton] to parks like Preston Park [Stockton, pictured], Stewart's Park ]Middlesbrough] and Jesmond Dene Park [Newcastle], it doesn't matter if you love/hate shopping or love walking and getting lost in nature, we have you covered up here!
...
The famous parmo


 I finish with the North East's greatest thing. The chicken parmo. You may be wondering two things here. 1) Why on earth would I eat a chicken parmo when I am a veggie? 2) What the hell is a parmo???? Well, I can because I have a veggie parmo and this beautiful meal consists of breadcrumb covered chicken smothered in  béchamel sauce with melted cheese on top. Literally heaven on a plate!
The takeaway favourite also has it's own Wiki page, which I find hilarious like UTB!!!

Well there you go, five things I just love about the North East!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs my own! 

Comments

Popular Posts