Sweet Potato Brownies are a thing?!

Yes you read that right, sweet potato brownies. Two of my favourite things in life combined into one. On Twitter, I am probably know as the crazy girl who is obsessed with sweet potato fries [they are love, they are life] and I love anything that has this beautiful vegetable in!


Obviously, when I found out that these treats were a thing I was proper buzzing but even more intrigued. Since when were sweet potato brownies are a thing?! What the hell would they taste like? More sweet potato then a chocolaty brownie? Or vice versa? My taste buds just needed answers! Due to this I found this recipe by Lisa Harris and I made them!

So let us all feast our eyes on these beauties, find out how to make them and of course answer that all important question on our lips, do they actually taste nice...

This recipe is by Lisa Harris from the Good Food Channel, no copyright intended.
Serves: Makes 12-15                
Cook Time: 25 minutes [minus cooking the sweet potatoes separately]                
Prep Time: 15 minutes 
Ingredients:
100 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
200 g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
200 g baked sweet potatoes, flesh scooped out
125 g dark brown sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
100 g plain flour
25 g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
100 g dark chocolate chips
Cook the sweet potato first in the oven on 200C for about 30 minutes ish.
Now to make the brownies:
1. Preheat heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line an 18cm square baking tin (or similar) with greasproof paper.
2. Put the chocolate and butter together in a pan over a medium heat, and stir until both have melted. In a bowl, beat the sweet potato flesh with the brown sugar until almost smooth, then mix in the melted butter and chocolate mixture. 
3. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until thick, then stir in the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Fold in the chocolate drops [or Magic Stars, which I used instead]. Pour the mixture into the tin, smooth the top and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the brownie is barely cooked but still a bit soft under the crust. It will firm up once cooled!
4. Leave to cool completely in the tin before slicing into small squares and enjoy!
And here are the freshly baked brownies yeyey!
But do they taste as good as they look?


The answer to that question is... HELL YEAH THEY DO!
Oh my god like yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss, words cannot describe how much I love these brownies!
 After having the first bite, I wasn't too sure, I will admit that. I thought I had wasted my precious sweet potatoes in this weird tasting thing that was just confusing my taste buds. But after finishing one, my mind did change and they are actually really nice!
They are so soft and yummy and melt in the mouth deliciousness!
Now you cannot have too many [NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO] as they are rich and a bit sickly in my opinion, and this is coming from a girl with such a sweet tooth, but they are fab as a little afternoon treat with a cuppa [or some juice in my case]!
Well there you go, a sweet potato brownie that just make me love this orange vegetable even more [is that even possible?]!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, these sound and look AMAZING. Surely it counts as one of your five a day? I'll definitely be giving them a go!

    Olivia - The Northernist x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, at first I wasn't too sure but they are surprisingly really nice! And I hope so, surely they are?! x

      Delete
  2. They sound so weird but I may have to give them a try!

    Rachael xox
    http://gatsbyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, they are sooo weird but they are surprisingly nice haha! Let me know if you do try them! x

      Delete
  3. Oh my! These sound and look lush, I definitely need to try these :)

    http://rebeccadaviesmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleaseeeeee dooooo! Let me know if you make them and your thoughts! x

      Delete
  4. Wow what a strange concoction, but from your pictures I am dying to try them!!

    JH | hellojenniferhelen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again haha! But make them, they are surprisingly really nice! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts