Becoming a burlesque dancer?

Things in life are often quite scary, that is life! But it is even more annoying when you would love to do it but cant because of the fear!

I have a number of things that I really want to do, even if it is just once, but the scare factor often comes into play and it puts me right off it.


However there is one thing that does come to mind when I think about it!

So here is '#TheGirlGang Blogging challenge (Day Twenty Seven)'...

 
During second year of uni I had to interview a woman who was a shop assistant by day but a burlesque dancer by night!
 
Reading her answers as to why she does it and how she got involved in burlesque fascinated me so much. The feeling you must get when dancing on stage, having everyone look at you, must feel really empowering for the person and a huge self confidence boost.
 
I would loooooovvvvveeeeee to go and see a burlesque show but I would love to try it out at least once in my life.
 
Now you maybe thinking that this is ridiculous or whatever, but I would just love to do it!
And before any of you say it, it isn't stripping!
However it frightens the hell out of me because I am not skinny, I am not society's portrayal of the ideal women figure etc etc. That's why I have done it, because of the fear of being judged, even though I feel like you wouldn't.
 
Who knows what the future holds though?
I might become a burlesque dancer, I may not!
Until next time
-------------------------------------

Comments

Popular Posts