Let them eat cake, Songbird Bakery's Blogger event

Last night, I went to a cute new bakery that is having its grand opening today. The little preview gave me a chance to explore the world of Songbird Bakery and well, I will be going back that's for sure!


I absolutely loved this place, located on Bedford Street, Middlesbrough, and meeting other bloggers and eating delicious cakes, it was a fabulous way to end an already great day for me.

So here is 'Let them eat cake, Songbird Bakery's Blogger event'...

On first arrival, it was not what I was expecting at all. The bakery's interior design was far from what I had in mind, with cakes everywhere and counters filled with tasty treats everywhere but no, I was completely wrong.
 
With a feature wall of real bricks (I love bricks) and white walls with hints of duck egg blue on the furniture, it was fresh, clean and rustic looking and I loved that. It wasn't over the top and it wasn't bland, it was just right.
 
There are three tables, one sitting four, another for two and a window seat as well.
 
I spy with my little eye something beginning with
C... Cake!!!
Cupcakes galore!


Anyone want a drink?


Cute little table


How amazing is this chandelier though?! 


Window seat and main table!
How cute is this cake?!
It was really cute because we were in such a relaxing atmosphere, all of us bloggers and owners Claire, who bakes all of the fab cakes, and Shelley got to sit down and just talk about everything and anything. From Marvel and Doctor Who to uni work and the bakery itself, it was just lovely to get to know everyone.
 
An adorable little fact for you, the bakery was initially a house and they kept the brick feature wall in because it still had the marks of where the stairs used to be.
How lovely is that, I love finding out the history of a place because it just makes it even more unique and special.
 
Now onto the most important thing in life. Yes, cake. (Don't lie, you agree with me on this haha).
I tell you now, making the decision on which cake I will eat was hard, almost as hard as uni. The pressure was on, I am not kidding.
 
*drools*
Varying from chocolate, lemon meringue, Jaffa cake to mint chocolate and a strawberry milkshake flavour, I, of course, chose the caramel cupcake. I'm telling you straight, it was soooooooooooooooooooooo good, I mean like really really really tasty.
The cake was soft and moist with just the right amount of icing (I hate having too much icing on a cake). However, the most important thing about this cake was the delicious, runny, mouth watering good, salted caramel sauce hidden away in this tasty goodness.
We cannot be friends if you don't like salted caramel, I mean how can you not like it?!
 
I am a sucker for anything caramel, fudge or butterscotch.
To end it all off, we each got to take a little goody bag of two cupcakes, one vanilla and the other a flavour we chose so obviously I picked chocolate.
Cannot wait to try them two out.
 
Beth took this photo :)
L-R: Lucy, Sami, Shelley, Claire, me and Emily!
 
This was the third blogger event I have been to and they just get better and better.
The Songbird Bakery is such a cute little place where you can go to have a chitchat, grab a cuppa and buy scrumptious cakes. What more do you want, eh?!
 
Find the Songbird Bakery here:
 
And here is where you will find the lovely bloggers:
 

Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own, except the one that Beth took!


 

Comments

  1. Loved reading this, especially the part about salted caramel haha! So glad you enjoyed it hun :)

    Beth / Polishedcouture.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Beth! Thank you so much for organising it, it was so fab! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts