Honeycomb Ice Cream

First things first, I have just seen that my blog has just over 10,000 views!!! I mean, how on earth?! Thank you all so much for reading me waffle on about me fangirling over things for the past 18 months! A huge achievement for me so thank you so much!

To celebrate, I have another recipe for you in my Bake and Make series, Buttercups! This one comes in the form of ice cream with honeycomb and well, who doesn't love a good ice cream to eat during the warm season?!


Easter dessert is served!
This super duper simple dessert comes from Mary Berry and her Fool Proof Cooking programme, which was shown on BBC Two earlier this year.

I cannot believe how easy this was to make, in just four quick steps, you can make this homemade ice cream treat too!

So here is 'Honeycomb Ice Cream'...


This recipe is Mary Berry's, taken from Fool Proof Cooking programme, no copyright infringement intended.
Ingredients:
 
Golden syrup
Bicarbonate of soda
150g caster sugar
A tin of condensed milk
600ml double cream
 
For the dishes to serve it in, I used a loaf tin.
 
What to do

1. To make the honeycomb, put 4 tablespoons of golden syrup and 150g sugar into a saucepan on a low heat and stir gently until sugar has dissolved. Allow to bubble until it turns to a caramel colour. Once this happens, take it off the heat, add 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda, stir then place on a tray to set.
2. For the ice cream, pour 600ml double cream into a bowl and whisk to soft peak using an electric whisk. Then add the tin of condensed milk and stir until mixed.
3. Break the honeycomb up and put 2/3 of it into the ice cream mix, leave the rest for decoration. Fold all of this in and once you have done that, place into your chosen container. Place in the freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
4. To serve, top with the remaining honeycomb and what ever else you want and tuck into your tasty treat.
 
The finished treat...
 



 
I cannot believe how easy this was to make, like I always thought ice cream was really hard and that you needed an ice cream maker to create it but evidently not.
The crunchiness of the honeycomb with the creaminess of the ice cream, it is the perfect combination.
Since I made this for Easter, I added grated chocolate and mini eggs and it was one of the nicest things I have tasted.
And you can make any flavour ice cream, it is so simple to do, it is insane!
 Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts