5 TV shows you have to watch on Netflix UK

I, like many other, am a Netflixaholic. Yes, I admit it. I have an obsession with Netflix and binge watching a lot of TV shows and films on it. It is so addictive, ok?!

Funny thing is, my friend gave me hers so I could watch Pretty Little Liars and well, I haven't looked back since. It is so good watching new things I wouldn't have been able to see and to watch old shows/films I loved when I was younger and to relive their magic.


Because of this, I will be showing you five shows to watch on Netflix UK. Please note that Netflix US may differ to what you can watch on that so these might not be available.

So here is '5 TV shows you have to watch on Netflix UK'...

PRETTY LITTLE LIARS

 
Plot: Set in the small town of Rosewood, the series, which is currently on its six, follows the lives of four girls, Spencer Hastings, Aria Montgomery, Hanna Marin, and Emily Fields, whose friendship group falls apart after their leader, Alison DiLaurentis, suddenly disappears.
A year later, the friends are reunited as they begin receiving messages from a mysterious figure named "A" who threatens to expose their deepest secrets, including ones they thought only Alison knew. At first, they think it's Alison herself, but could someone else is planning on ruining their lives.
 
Starring Lucy Hale (Montgomery), Troian Bellisario (Hastings), Ashley Benson (Marin) and Shay Mitchell (Fields), this will leave you on the edge of your seat. The first series got me hooked right from the off and although as the series goes on, it tends to get a little bit boring, the plot twists in the last couple of series have been crazy! If you love a good mystery to sink your teeth in then PLL is for you!
 

JONATHAN CREEK

 
Plot:  Jonathan Creek is a creative consultant to a stage magician, who has an eye for all things unusual and seemingly unexplainable. He is dragged into the world of mystery and crime solving and by using his understanding of illusions, will he crack the case?
 
I absolutely adore this BBC drama. First airing in 1997, it has five series and a few specials and they are all fab! Starring Alan Davis (Creek) and his numerous sidekicks (including Caroline Quentin, Sheridan Smith and Sarah Alexander), it is funny, spooky and sometimes scary. Again if you love mystery but also the crime, drama and detective genre then definitely give Jonathan and his crazy hair a call.                                                                    
 
BATES MOTEL

 
Plot: Bates Motel is a modern day prequel to the film Psycho and showing Hitchcock's creepy character unravel through his teenage years. From the dark, twisted backstory of Norman Bates and how disturbing his relationship with his mother, Norma, to finding love, it is all leading up to the events of that classic film.
 
Currently consisting of three series, it stars Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga as the mother and son duo and well, they are actually perfect. The creepiness of their relationship is something that I find really weird to watch as the viewer but it is so intriguing and captivating, I can't stop watching it. Psycho is one of my favourite films (if you haven't watched it then do it) and I love Freddie so it is a match made in heaven.
 
SENSE 8

 
Plot: This is such a hard show to tell you about because it is complicated. Basically, it revolves around eight strangers from different parts of the world who suddenly become mentally and emotionally linked. From a DJ in Iceland suddenly being in Chicago with a fireman but only they can see each other as well as the other six people. Weird, I know!
 
My friend recommended to watch this and being the fab mate I am, I did. The first couple of episodes were fab, a bit slow then I got a bit bored with it but if anything I am so glad I stuck out because those last 2/3 episode we so worth it. I love the message within it because yeah, they might have all been complete strangers but when they were together they would help each other and talk about things together. The first season, consisting of 12 episodes, is available and I am pretty sure there is a second series in the making (I think!). If you enjoy a good sci-fi drama then watch Sense 8!
 
 
DAREDEVIL

 
Plot: Matt Murdock is a blind lawyer-by-day, crime fighter-by-night and that is where Daredevil comes in. Along with his two lawyer colleagues, Franklin "Foggy" Nelson and Karen Page, he wants to help clean up the streets of New York and well, Murdock decides the best way to do that is to wear red leather. Each to their own, I guess!
 
I love a good superhero show/film. Not going to lie, if you have seen Daredevil the film, starring Ben Affleck, then just remove that from your mind when you watch this. This US show, based on the Marvel character and has two seasons available, is so addictive. With anything in this genre, you are involved in the plot as you want Daredevil to seek the justice he wants and you are literally on your seat with your fists in the air pretending to fight when the fight scenes are on! Just me then... HA!

Here are a few more TV shows you should check out:
Hustle, 8 series, BBC drama about a group of con men
Making a Murderer, 1 series, a Netflix original about a real life murder case
Line of Duty, 2 series, BBC Drama about corruption in the police
Gotham, 1 series, US drama about the early lives of Batman's Bruce Wayne and other loved characters
Luther, 3 series, BBC police drama
And finally, of course, Merlin, 5 series, my favourite TV show ever about the early lives of the famous warlock.
 
Well there you have it, five shows to watch on Netflix.
Have fun binge watching!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts