Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

So yesterday, me and the family visited the beautiful seaside town of Saltburn in the North East. For someone who hates (and I mean hate) the sand, Saltburn has to be one of my favourite places to go.

 
The chips, the ice cream, the sea, the pier, the arcade and so much more. It is a lovely little place to go if you have kids, a dog or to jus relax in the sun with friends and family (that is, if we ever get any sun!)...

I will be showing you our trip to Saltburn as well as tasty treats both edible and inedible so sit back, relax, play some sea waves on a device as here is my "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside| A trip to Saltburn"....

Note: This will be very photo heavy, all photographs used are my own.

And let the journey begin....


On the train, I see the sea.


Saltburn Train Station


Saltburn Train Station


Saltburn Train Station


On the way to the beach


Love this artwork on the wall near the beach

A nice paddle in the sea... Somebody enjoyed their visit here that's for sure ha!








Oh, I have purple hair now!
The one thing you have to do whilst you are at the beach (like it should be the law hahah) is to build a sandcastle, here is our creation!


This is Saltburn's Pier, which has an arcade at the entrance. However, a section on the Pier gives you a joyful experiences as you see some knitted objects on the railings. From teacups and teapots to characters from well-known novels/films to even a house, it is fab to see the work and effort that has gone into creating something so lovely. Here are a selection of my favourites:



Under the Pier


Under the Pier


Lion..... ROARRRRRR
 
Knit work!


Anyone fancy a cuppa?


Alice from Alice in Wonderland


A little cute mouse


Bunny


Let's eat cake


A lovely house


Alice in Wonderland again


Bat!


Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dum


Humpty Dumpty


Queen of Hearts


There are so many
 
 



Next up on our trip was of course chips... You cannot go to the seaside without having some chips, whether it is with fish, sausage or just some sauce.


After we stuffed ourselves with chips, ice cream was next to be consumed by very hungry visitors.
I chose the Toffee Fudge flavour and oh my, it was delicious! Rich, creamy, toffeey, absolutely beautiful.



Then we had to leave to catch our train which was sad but we have a very good (and tiring) day to say the least!
Bye bye Saltburn!

So there you have it! A trip to the seaside is always fun!
Where have you been recently? Comment below!
Until next time

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts