The Adventure to... York!

So yesterday, me and my lovely mother took a day trip to the historic city of York.

Now, we absolutely adore this place, we travel as much as we can to it. York has cute, quirky shops, Betty's Tea Room Café and Cath Kidston (I love this shop so much).

Here is our little adventure to York!
Note: this post will be picture heavy. They are ALL my own photographs used.


After arriving in this beautiful city, as per usual we go to the most important place. Bettys. Established in 1919, this is a beautiful, vintage tea room offering a whole range of food and drink.  From meat and fish dishes to tuck into to afternoon tea or hot chocolate/coffee and lets not forget the delicious desserts range, you cannot go away feeling hungry and dissatisfied.

The scrambled egg with smoked salmon on a crispy toasted muffin was my chosen dish and it was amazing. My tastes buds were very happy as was I. I also got a fresh banana ice cream milkshake as a little treat for the day and it was so refreshing, perfect for those summery days like yesterday was.






Absolutely delicious!!!
There is also a little shop within, selling freshly baked scones, bread, macaroons and many, many more!
 
For more information about Betty's and all it has to offer, click here.

Then we went to our second favourite place in York, Cath Kidston.
Hands down this is one of my favourite clothing/accessory/home shop to go to. Although it is expensive, the patterns and styles on offer are totally worth it.
However, I did not buy anything which was very unusual for me (I always buy something!).
I was going to buy this lovely flower skirt but decided I don't need another. But, I still adore this shop so so so so much!


I love the dressing room wallpaper and hangers.



Bedding room ideas for sure!

For more information on Cath Kidston, visit here.
.
Our little adventures took use to quirky little shops such as Ness (Clothing/Accessory), Mulberry Hall (Antiques), Crabtree and Evelyn (Beauty/Gift), The White Company (Clothing), White Stuff (Clothing), Molly Brown (Clothing, great for prom dresses), Daisy Taylor's (Gifts), York's Chocolate Story (Food), The Shambles (a street full of different shops), Disney and so much more!

These were taken in White Stuff (how creative is the décor)

teacups on the wall


beautiful tile stairs


books on the wall


great for a bookworm!


Anyone for a cinema seat?


Rainbow cups!
 Molly Browns:
Daisy Taylor's:
 York's Chocolate Story:
 The Shambles:
 I found my name HA!
 Disney (I am such a big kid):


However, the path led us to one of the city's more iconic landmarks, York Minister. Also known as St Peter's, the Minister was built over 250 years (1220-1472) and is amazing to take a look at.
The Gothic style is definitely a must see if you are visiting.

From the front, how pretty


Hello!


Blue skies


Cute bike outside

The train back was nice until we had to go to Darlington, missing our stop, due to signal failure. Although it was nobody's fault, it did give me the chance to take some more photographs so I wasn't complaining!


Bye byre York!


Countryside- taken from the train


Again taken from train


Darlington Station



Darlington station


On the way home, sunset- taken form train

Post almost done, here are some of the photos I took of this amazing city.

Over the bridge looking at the river


Judges Lodging's
A church


Church close up


Main high street


River going back to the train station


Sun setting over the river
To finish off this post, here is the outfit I wore for the summery day:




Top- Primark, £8
Skirt, Cath Kidston, £25 in the sale
Shoes- Primark, £10
Bag- Primark, £8
Necklace- Primark, £4
Makeup: No7 Lash Impact Intense volume control mascara and No7 Matte Lip Crayon


Well that's it, our adventure to York! It was an absolute sunny blast!

Where have you been on an adventure to recently?
Until next time

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts