Happy birthday to the one and only, Audrey Hepburn!


This post is one that will celebrate one of the worlds leading actresses, Audrey Hepburn (4 May 1929 – 20 January 1993) because it is her 86th birthday!

Happy Birthday Audrey!

Hands down, she is and always will be my favourite actress, my idol, my inspiration, my love.



 
Audrey did so much for the world in her lifetime, in the entertainment industry and for those less fortunate than her.

So here is a blog post dedicated to this beautiful soul...
From becoming a major star and fashion icon to becoming an UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for the charity UNICEF due to her humanitarian work. She was the heart of the world in my eyes, doing so much for the poor.
Her earlier life was hard as she grew up during World War Two. Yet, she made something of herself. She didn't feel sorry for herself, she went out and did what she loved to do, performing. That's what I admire about her, she didn't quit on her dream.
The first film I watched of hers was Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961), starring as Holly Golightly. It wasn't long since it became my favourite film ever! Since then, I have been collecting all of her films (I have 14 out of 27 so far) and buying anything with her on it, no joke.

However, I am not going to write why I love her because I think that is obvious and I have just a little then. Instead, I am going to share with you some of my favourite quotations and pictures of her.

An elegance that will never fade.
She never fails in putting a smile on my face.
 
Quotations of hers that I will keep forever:
 
 
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.


 
Some things I have of her:
 
 
Here is a video of her performing 'Moon River' from her film 'Breakfast at Tiffany's':

Audrey was a actress, mother, charity worker, a true inspiration and a beautiful soul.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE AND ONLY
AUDREY HEPBURN
What are your favourite photographs/quotations from her?

14:00pm: Awww she is trending on Twitter!


Also Happy Star Wars Day, May the Fourth be with you!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts