This is Halloween, this is halloween

IT'S HALLOWEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN

It's Halloween in 3 days and I am super duper excited because its my favourite time of the year.

She's a witch! Taste of what is to come!

So to get in the mood of the spooky fun, I am going to show you want I do to celebrate.

From decorating the house and getting a spooky costume to carving your very own scary pumpkin and getting ready for a party or a night in, here is my guide.



1. Its all about the costume

Witches costume, £16, ASDA, sizes 8-20

The thing I love the most about Halloween is dressing up. I dress up every year without a doubt. Whether it being a bat, a witch, a vampire, a ghost, a werewolf or a spooky ghoul, it is always fun. If anyone says otherwise then they are lying ha!

This year I have bought myself a witches costume from George at ASDA. Coming in a £16 for the costume and an extra £6 for a cape, this is the perfect fancy dress to get into the scary magic.

Black with blue and spider web details, the dress is perfect for those who love witches (like me) and who likes to cover up their legs, covering the knees and parts of my thighs. You don't have to panic in finding a pointy hat to go with the dress as there is one included!
The cape is plain black with glitter and a hood just in case it rains I presume.

Get the terrifying magical fun in Asda stores and online.
Kids and adult scary Halloween costumes, accessories and decorations available.

2. Decoration makes all the difference

Walking through the shops to see all of there decorations is something I love doing. From jelly stickers to go on the windows and scary signs to put on the walls to cobwebs, skeletons and spiders, it fun for all to make your house into a haunted one.

Look in high street stores to see what is on offer. Each might sell similar products so have a look and see what decorations

3. It's party time

Due to the fact I am turning 20 near Halloween, I am having a kids party. Yes I know, I am weird.
Watching Halloween films for children, playing park games and dressing up, it will be so fun (hopefully).

My top 5 party games:
  1. Mummy Wrap- divide the party into two teams, giving them each a roll of toilet paper. Select one team member to get wrapped up and another one to do the wrapping. At the sound of the music, wrap the selected member's body as much as they can. When the music stops, the team member who is wrapped in the paper more, wins.
  2. Pinata- you can buy a piñata at stores like Tescos, ASDA, Marks and Spencers etc. Fill it with lots of tasty, spooky sweets. At the party let everyone have a go at hitting it until it breaks.
  3. Apple Bobbing- one of my favourite Halloween games is apple bobbing. This is basically where you fill a bucket, large bowl or a large container with water and place about 10 apples (or depending on how many you have invited). Each person has a go at getting an apple in their mouth. Remember, no hands allowed!
  4. Pin the crookedly nose on the witch- this is exactly like pin the tail on the donkey but a Halloween version. Print of a large photo of a witches face and cut out a nose out of paper or sponge if you have. Take it into turns to pin the nose on the face, marking out where the person placed it. The one closets to it, wins!
  5. Pass the parcel- except the presents in the wrapping are Halloween related. Everyone knows how to do play this game!

My top 4 Halloween films for kids:

  1. Casper (1995), PG- this is a great film, one of my favourites! It is about a friendly ghost named Casper, who lives in a house with three scary ghosts. It follows his friendship with a girl who moved into the haunted house. It is a fun, action packed family film in which will leave you cheering on the goodies!
  2. Hocus Pocus (1993), PG- my favourite Halloween film ever! Three witches are bought back to life after 300 years. They now plan to get revenge on society and a group of teenagers plan to stop them in their tracks. It has become more a tradition to watch this film in October because it is so good. Definitely one for all the family!
  3. Nightmare before Christmas (1993), PG- Ok so the titles does say otherwise but it is about Halloween! It focuses on Jack Skellington, who lives in Halloween Town, until he stumbles upon Christmas Town. The adventurous film will leave you singing the 'This is Halloween' song all day long.
  4. Ghostbusters (1984), - Who are you going to call? This film will leave you on the edge of your seat. Four misfits are called in to investigate paranormal activities in New York Public Library. Throughout the film, it will make you laugh, smile and just have a great time.  

4. Trick or treat

Although I cant do it anymore, trick or treating was something I always enjoyed doing when I was younger. Now all I do is stay at home (if I don't go on a walk around the park I live near to). However, I buy lots of sweets and popcorn and have a film night with friends and family.

Around the time, shops and supermarkets bring out Halloween themed sweets. This varies from jelly sweets like Haribos, chewy treats like Maoams or they bring out their own sweets like Tescos.

Subject to availability, they sometimes have an offer on them and they do sell fast so get them in advance.

5. Carving the pumpkin

On the night, my mother and I always carve out a pumpkin. She takes out all the yucky bits and seeds inside and I draw and cut out a face. It makes it more Halloweeny to have a pumpkin with a candle outside your front door.
Carve it into a scary face or carve out well known Halloween character from a film makes the day even more enjoyable. Jack Skellington from Nightmare before Christmas is a popular choice. This is perfect if you have kids or if you are a big kid.




You can buy a pumpkin at a supermarket most likely. Hurry, they go fast!


Well that is it, all ready for some spooky fun on Friday!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts